Meeting Minutes for September 23, 2021
Clearwater Cay Community Development District
The meeting of the Board of Supervisors of the Clearwater Cay Community Development District was held on Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. at the Grand Venezia Baywatch Clubhouse at 2704 Via Murano in Clearwater, Florida 33764 and via web conference.
Present and constituting a quorum were:
Don Dwyer – Chair
Patrick O’Malley – Vice Chair
Alan Glidden – Assistant Secretary
Steve Whitehurst – Assistant Secretary
Mike Herd – Assistant Secretary
Also present (or attending via web conference) were:
Cal Teague – District Manager
Dan Molloy – Attorney
Colleen Verdom – Grand Venezia COA
Christopher Dudak – Client Services Manager – PDM
FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS Call to Order and Roll Call
The meeting was called to order and the Vice Chair called the roll. All Board members were present, with Chair Don Dwyer and Supervisor Mike Herd attending via web conference. Also attending was Cal Teague, the District Manager, and Colleen Verdom from Grand Venezia COA. Dan Molloy, the Attorney, and Christopher Dudak, from Premier District Management participated via web conference.
On MOTION by Supervisor Glidden, seconded by Supervisor Whitehurst, with all in favor, the Board agreed to allow Chair Dwyer and Supervisor Herd to participate via web conference.
SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS Approval of the Agenda
6A Emergency Paver Repair should be added.
On MOTION by Supervisor Glidden, seconded by Supervisor Whitehurst, with all in favor, the Board approved the Agenda as amended.
THIRD ORDER OF BUSINESS Audience Comments on Agenda Items
Grand Venezia COA Manager Colleen Verdom commented that the landscaping looked good. She also mentioned the paver incident that will be discussed later.
FOURTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Approval of Meeting Minutes
A. Draft Meeting Minutes for August 26, 2021
The Board reviewed the Draft Meeting Minutes for August 26, 2021.
On MOTION by Supervisor Glidden, seconded by Supervisor Whitehurst, with all in favor, the Board approved the Draft Meeting Minutes for August 26, 2021.
FIFTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Old Business
A. Landscape Efforts and Updates
i. Sod & Pavers
- This project was to replace areas that have pavers where sod maintenance is a problem. Chair Dwyer reported that the sod was looking good. Although the Board approved $5,000 for the sod and pavers, he reported that the sod replacement was being completed at $2,685, and a quote for the pavers was at $1,900. This is less than the $5,000 previously appropriated for the project.
- Vice Chair O’Malley commented that he believed that the costs proposed were high, and that they should get new proposals.
On MOTION by Vice Chair O’Malley, seconded by Supervisor Whitehurst, with Supervisor Glidden and Chair Dwyer opposed, the Board agreed to rescind the $5,000 proposed for sod and pavers, and to get new proposals.
- No monies will be allocated for this project at this time, and the project was dropped.
ii. Tree Trimming
- Chair Dwyer reported that the project had been completed.
iii. Irrigation Line Repair
- Chair Dwyer reported that the line had been repaired. He complimented Aqua Pro on the work they had done.
B. Parking Issues
- Supervisor Glidden reported that everything is status quo. There are still violations, but no vehicles have been towed.
C. Belleair Median Signage Installation Update
- District Manager Teague reported that the project had been completed.
D. Carwash Hoses Replacement Update
- Chair Dwyer reported that the project had been completed. He had purchased the materials and was reimbursed.
- Vice Chair O’Malley commented that the hoses looked great and were working well.
SIXTH ORDER OF BUSINESS New Business
A. Emergency Paver Repair
- Chair Dwyer commented that someone had recently tripped and fallen due to uneven or sunken pavers at Building 9. The Board agreed that the repairs should be done as soon as possible.
- Board members commented that there are other areas where the pavers also need to be repaired.
- Vice Chair O’Malley suggested that the area around Building 9 be repaired immediately, and that the other areas be repaired after a cost is available.
- The Board agreed to repair the pavers at Building 9 and Building 7 and at the pool perimeter.
On MOTION by Supervisor Glidden, seconded by Chair Dwyer, with 4 in favor and Vice Chair O’Malley opposed, the Board agreed to have pavers repaired at Buildings 9 and 7 and at the pool perimeter as soon as possible.
SEVENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS District Manager
A. Insurance Claim Report Update
- An email from the District’s insurance carrier was included in the Agenda packet. It stated that the claimant’s attorney advised that they were still compiling all costs incurred by the claimant. Once this has been received, they will meet with the attorney that has been assigned by the insurance carrier. This item will be removed from the Agenda until the claim is submitted.
EIGHTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Financial Reports
A. August 2021
On MOTION by Chair Dwyer, seconded by Supervisor Glidden, with all in favor, the Board agreed to accept the August 2021 Financials as presented.
NINTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Attorney
A. Debt Assessment Validation Update
- Attorney Molloy reported that the September hearing has been continued until September 29th and 30th at the request of the Bondholders.
B. Contract for Labor Services with GVCOA
- Attorney Molloy reported that they cannot move forward until the court renders a decision on the debt assessment. The Board agreed to table it until they have heard the court’s decision.
On MOTION by Chair Dwyer, seconded by Supervisor Whitehurst, with all in favor, the Board agreed to table the contract for labor services from the GVCOA until the Court has rendered its decision on the Debt Assessment.
TENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Supervisor Requests and/or Comments
- Supervisor Herd commented that something needs to be done with the speaker system.
ELEVENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Audience Comments
- GVCOA Manager Colleen Verdom stated that Zoom can be used through the COA. It was explained to her that we use Go To Meeting.
- She also stated that the COA would like to coordinate the paver replacement with the CDD. She was assured that this would be done.
- In addition, Colleen stated that the sod installation needed to be completed quickly, because the planting season is between September and October.
TWELFTH ORDER OF BUSINESS Adjournment
The meeting was adjourned by Chair Don Dwyer at 6:34 PM
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: November 18, 2021 AT 5:30 PM